Upcoming Auction: New and Used Restaurant Equipment from Former Restaurant
- When: Monday, 11/23/15 10am CT - Pick up time 11/25/15 4pm.
- Where: 12922 Hempstand Hwy, Houston, TX
- What: Lots of equipment - prep tables, storage, tilt kettle, coolers, freezers, ovens and mixers.
- Who: Main Auction Services
|Photo courtesy Main Auction Services, mainauctionservices.com.|
Okay, if you're from, or planning to be in, the UK on the 13th of October, this event sounds really fun. Paul A. Young, London chocolatier, will be giving a demonstration on marble tempering after taking his guests on a special trip from chocolate bean to chocolate bar, and details what single origin and rare chocolate is all about.
At £175 per person, it isn't cheap, and it is limited to 8 people per class. But if you wanted to spend an evening that exclusively revolves around high end chocolate, this would be the class. I only wish I was there to join. I would LOVE to be there :) Details below.
- Event: Paul A Young Fine Chocolates - An Evening to Celebrate Chocolate Week.
- When: October 13, 2015, 6pm to 9pm.
- Where: At his Soho, London store on 143 Wardour Street.
- Details: Comfortable clothes recommended; arrive 10 minutes before the class starts.
Great article via Slate on how pie evolved into a dessert from its beginning as a meat casserole.
From the article:
Today, you’d be horrified if you ordered a pie and someone tried to serve you a crow baked in tough crust. So how did these semiedible avian tombs evolve into the sweet dish we know and love? The answer has a little to do with the peculiar way words evolved as they crossed the Atlantic and a lot to do with America’s insatiable lust for sugar.For the full article, read How Did Pie Evolve From a Medieval Crow-Meat Casserole Into America's Favorite Dessert? by Rachel E. Gross, via Slate Food.
Upcoming Auction via AuctionZip: Restaurant Smalls and Restaurant Equipment.
Large array of different bakery items up for auction:
- Mixers: Hobart A-120 12qt 3 speed Mixer w/attachments; Hobart HL-200 20qt 3 speed Mixer w/attachments; Anvil 20 Qt. Mixer with S/S Bowl, Whip, Beater, Hook, small cart; Vulcan Mixer 60 quart; Hobart Mixer Model C-10; Hobart A 200 Mixer.
- Freezers: Caravell Countertop Freezer; Excellance Commercial Products ELD-4L, 4.1 Cu. Ft. Countertop Freezer; Hussmann Freezer; Dillon-Lilly 2-door cooler; Delfield Fridg.
- Ovens: Vulcan Oven; Alto Shaam Warmer; -NU-VU Circulating Air Oven; NU-VU Circulating Air Oven; Blodgett Convection Oven; Bakers Pride Oven
- Other Equipment: Taylor Softech Ice Cream Machine; Floss Boss Cotton Candy Machine; Vitamix Blender; Avery Berkel Scale Model 6720-7; Hamburger Bun Sheet Pans Approx. 225.
- When: September 9, 2015, begin 9am for restaurant smalls, 11:00 restaurant equipment.
- Where: PA Auction Center, Quarryville, PA.
- Contact and Info: Bakery Auction.