In honor of National Peaches and Cream Day, here is a recipe for Peach Cream Pie.
Sour Cream Peach Pie
Recipe by Renee Shelton
Adjust the spice mixture to suit your own tastes.
Yield: 1 9-inch pie
- 1 1/4 cups plain graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups peaches, sliced, ripe fresh or thawed frozen, sauteed to cook and remove some juices
- 3 tablepsoons sliced almonds
- For the crust: Mix the first three ingredients together in a mixing bowl and press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely before adding the filling.
- Mix the 1/2 cup sugar, flour, salt, and spices together. Stir in sour cream and the vanilla until smooth. Remove about a quarter of this and reserve in a separate bowl. Fold in the peaches and mix until combined.
- Transfer peach mixture into the prepared pie crust. Top with the reserved sour cream filling. Sprinkle the almonds evenly over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes until the pie is set.
- Cool before serving.